This policy is amended from time to time. The most current version is available on www.anchorrs.com or by making a request to the Privacy Office (by phone or email).
Your privacy is important to us
Anchor Risk Solutions Corporation has built client relationships based on a foundation of trust. We are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal information collected, used, retained and disclosed in the course of doing business with you. Only authorized personnel have access to your information and our systems and processes are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. When we request your personal information, we will explain the purpose and obtain your consent. We share your information only as required and in limited instances. We keep your personal information only as long as it is required.
What is considered “personal information”?
“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual. Examples of what we may collect include:
• name, address, email and telephone number
• age, gender, family and marital status
• driving history
• previous insurance and claims data history
• medical and health information
• employment information
• banking information
• identification numbers
• assets and liabilities
• personal information that is made public (ex. on the internet or social media)
The following are the purposes for which we may collect, use, or disclose your personal information:
Prior to collecting your personal information, we will explain the purpose of our request and obtain your consent. If we require your personal information for any other reason, we will explain the new purpose and ask for your consent.
Purposes for which we need your personal information may include:
• to verify your identity and confirm the information you provided in your application (such as prior insurance experience, claims history reports, credit reports (as applicable), medical history, and driving history)
• to communicate with you by electronic means (e.g. email, telephone, and fax, or regular mail)
• to evaluate your coverage needs and recommend products and services tailored to you
• to determine premium
• to analyze risk and risk selection, and in some instances, to obtain coverage from a reinsurer
• to investigate and settle your claims (including assessing damage or injury, determine benefits, or settling disputes with third parties)
• to manage reinsurance
• to meet regulatory requirements
• to detect and prevent fraud
• to conduct data analytics and market research
• to respond to your inquiries/concerns
• to improve and personalize your experience
• for insurance claims adjusting and administration
• for underwriting
• for insurance consultancy
Who would we share information with?
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information with others where necessary and appropriately, but only if we need to for the purposes listed above, including:
• your broker
• third parties who perform services on our behalf
• police, witnesses, property valuators, medical professionals, benefits providers, or your employer
• insurance reporting agencies and industry databases (such as the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the Medical Information Bureau)
• industry data pooling and data analytics (such as CANATICS fraud pooling initiative)
• any other person or organization that we need to involve to provide you with the product or service (such as safety regulators, provincial driving and motor vehicle licensing authority or other insurance companies)
• any other party with an insurable interest (e.g. lease & lienholders, mortgagees)
• parties involved in the sale, acquisition, disposition, merger, or amalgamation of companies or as part of other business arrangements such as joint ventures
Information may be collected by or transferred to a service provider outside of Canada for processing, storage, analysis or disaster recovery and may be subject to disclosure to those authorized under applicable laws of the foreign jurisdiction. We do not sell client lists and we will not share your personal information without your consent unless we are required to by law.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
• verify and/or change your consent preferences specific to your personal information
• access your personal information and request updates or changes to it (if inaccurate)
• tell us that we cannot use or share your personal information for certain reasons
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will still do our best to provide you with our products or services; however, certain information must be provided in order to supply the requested products or services.
Web analytics provide non-personally identifiable statistical information about how visitors interact with our website and applications. Anchor Risk Solutions Corporation uses a variety of web analytics tools on websites and applications.
Questions, Comments or requests?
• Contact the Anchor Risk Solutions Corporation’s Privacy Officer directly:
Anchor Risk Solutions Corporation
One York Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5J 0B6
Phone: 1-877-737-7171 (Simply follow the prompts to Anchor’s voice mailbox)